Thursday, June 15, 2017

Comfort

Some of these blogs were easier when the kids were younger.  Now, with the kids being a bit older, I try to be more conscious of what I write about them.  I don't want to embarrass anyone.
Today something happened where one of my more independent children needed me.  I've gotta tell you.  I honestly didn't expect the situation.  The child had been in the same situation before, so nothing was new.  But I was needed to comfort my child.
My sweet kiddo who is growing up need only to ask and I was there.  I don't like that my child was nervous  and a little scared.  I don't like that at all.  But I like that I can still give comfort.  I mean, hey, I'm 36 and I still call my mom when I'm upset.  So it's not like I thought my giving comfort position was over by any means!  Today, I just wasn't expecting it and it turned my heart to mush.
Tonight I am thankful that my kiddos know that I am always there for them!  They will always know that I will always be there for them!  There is no question.

No comments:

Post a Comment