Friday, June 16, 2017

Easter?

My kiddos were slacking on their egg hunting duties.  A week or so ago, I went out and cleared out the favorite egg laying places.  I guess I made the chicky-ladies a little upset that I stole their collection.
They are good if the eggs are taken every day, or maybe every other day.  But when they have a bunch all together . . well, they get a little touchy, seeing all their hard work disappear.
Since I cleaned out their favorite spots, I've only gotten a few eggs.  I've been looking slowly for their new spot.  I suspected that they were laying their eggs by the pine trees.  Today, my daughter stumbled on their stash!
In the irony of ironies, my feminine feathered friends were laying their eggs just about a foot outside my office window!!!  I've seen them up here a lot.  But I thought they were coming up just to visit with the kittens.  They do seem to like the kittens.  Maybe they had a deal worked out for the kittens to act cute and cuddly while distracting the humans from the eggs??  I'll never know.  I do know they are BUSTED!
I had the boys try the eggs in the water trick.  And all the eggs are still good!  I'll be boiling some eggs up tonight!
Tonight I am thankful for finding the new egg spot!  These chicky-ladies like to keep us guessing!  I think they laugh when no one is looking ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment