Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Six

Today was my six month appointment after my Lasik eye surgery.
I am seeing wonderfully!  I am still having halos around lights at night.  This was a problem I had with my contacts as well.  My pupils are larger than average, which causes this.  So I think this is as good as it gets.
Hey, I'll take it!!!  I just keep looking at my GPS light or my cell phone light when I drive at night to keep my pupils from getting too big in the dark.  It works fairly well and has been my go-to might vision method for a long time.
I really thought I'd get in trouble today for not sleeping enough (I'm still working on it!).  Fortunately the eye doctor was looking at my eye itself and how the tissue has healed, and all that good stuff.
So six months later, I thought I should write my feelings for all who have contacted me and wanted to know if this surgery was worth it.  Here it is - ABSOLUTELY!!  I wish I would have done it years ago!  Fear held me up.
I know the cost can be a factor also.  The money was a bummer to spend.  For me, it was a celebration though.  My big, fun thing to do after completing the Dave Ramsey Step 2 was to get this surgery.  Some people celebrate with a party or a cruise.  Not me, I had lasers cut my eyeballs!!  ;)
Tonight I am thankful for 6 months of sight without contacts or glasses!!!  It's been wonderful!  I don't regret it at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment