Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Thankful for Both

I learned awhile ago that taking responsibility for life is a key to happiness in life.  I could complain that I have to work.  Or I can take ownership of the work; and be thankful that I get to choose to work today.
I could complain that my house is always messy.  Or I can take ownership of my busy, crazy house; and be thankful that it is crazy and full of love.
I could complain that we have to cook the food (again) to eat.  Or I can take responsibility for the choice to be economical and healthier to eat at home; and be thankful that we have food to eat.
I could complain that weeks where I take off time for field trips, I work like crazy before and after to make up for that time.  Or I can take ownership that I choose to do both, field trips with the kids and maintain a steady work flow; and be thankful that I have the opportunity to do both.
Tonight I am thankful that I get to go on field trips, like the one coming up on Thursday.  I am also thankful that my job allows me to work more before and after a field trip to make up for that lost time.  And with that thankfulness, I am going to bed now.  I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment